Ready to work somewhere where amazing careers unfold? Where you will work in partnership with the brightest technical minds and savvy sales teams in the industry to win some of the most impactful infrastructure work in the west? Projects that are making a difference in our communities and for our neighbors. Where you will be challenged to stretch your creativity and do your very best storytelling; and where you are given the tools and resources to do exceptional work. Where you will work side-by-side with a team of brilliant marketers in an atmosphere where the core values of excellence, initiative, integrity, shared commitment and teamwork are lived and celebrated every day. And where everyone cares about you and considers you family. That career starts here, at CDM Smith.
CDM Smith is expanding our marketing team and we’re seeking a highly motivated Senior Marketing Specialist with strong communication, writing/editing, organizational, and time-management skills to join our transportation marketing team in our Carlsbad, Irvine, or Los Angeles office.
As a member of the CDM Smith team, you would contribute to our mission by:
- Planning, organizing, and implementing strategy for marketing/business development efforts throughout the western Pacific states.
- Developing, writing, editing, and proofreading copy for proposals and presentations, and related marketing materials of a complex
- Applying creativity/strategic insight while leading brainstorming, storyboarding, and other strategy development sessions.
- Utilizing a theme-based approach for the development of proposal and presentation efforts.
- Ensuring that marketing and visual presentation information and files are maintained and up-to-date.
- Being actively involved in the CDM Smith marketing discipline group by participating on task forces and committees, as available.
- Developing business development, marketing, facilitation, and writing skills through internal and external training sources and association (SMPS, WTS, APMP or other related society) membership and committee involvement.
A successful CDM Smith candidate will have:
- A. or B.S. in Communications, English, Business or Journalism or related degree.
- At least 8 years of related experience in the A/E/C industry.
- Excellent command of grammar, the AP Style Manual, and spelling.
- Strong command of InDesign, Word and PowerPoint.
- The ability to work under rigid time constraints where a narrow margin for errors or delays is allowed.
- The ability to organize and negotiate on project schedules and manage multiple deadlines and assignments.
- The ability to occasionally lift heavy materials.
- Experience with business development/marketing process models (such as Dag Knudsen, Miller-Heiman, Shipley).
- At least 1 year of facilitating large and small groups in strategy and proposal development.