Marketing Manager – SWA Laguna Beach
The Laguna Beach office of SWA is seeking a creative marketing and business development professional with a connection to landscape architecture, urban design or land planning. A qualified candidate will be expected to lead Laguna’s efforts identifying and pursuing business development opportunities, responding to RFQ’s/RFP’s, marketing Laguna’s capabilities, and helping the principals maintain and enhance their position as design leaders through presentations, publications, speaking engagements, lectures and outreach to others in the field. The ultimate purpose of the Marketing Manager’s work is to help Laguna systematically win more and better work.
A list of responsibilities include:
- Identify potential leads, includes monitoring websites for project solicitations.
- Review elements of a potential project submittal and assist in deciding which to pursue.
- Write and prepare qualification packages in response to RFQ submittals.
- Write scope and fee proposals in response to RFP submittals.
- Attend pre-proposal meetings for RFQs and RFPs.
- Attend local events and conferences (i.e. ASLA, ULI, and related marketing/business development activities).
- Maintain and expand our sub-consultant teaming.
- Support regional, national, and international opportunities for growth.
- Maintain and submit monthly marketing reports to Laguna Principals and Corporate office.
- Create and update marketing materials such as project tear-sheets, resumes, and awards lists.
- Edit and layout graphics for presentations, submittals, or project brochures.
- Assist in coordinating conference activities and award submissions.
- Assist Principals in publications, appearances, and outreach efforts to others in the design field.
- Administrative work including maintaining contact leads, database, and marketing materials.
- Coordinate with SWA marketing professionals firm-wide.
Applicants would have a keen interest in design, landscape architecture, planning, or urban design; and possess a proven ability to meet a multitude of demands in a challenging office environment. We are looking for a resourceful self-starter, a quick learner seeking the opportunity to grow professionally in this role. The ideal candidate will have at least four years of relevant work experience with ability to work independently, handle a fast-paced work environment and be able to manage/communicate with colleagues and senior management in a professional manner. College degree preferred.
- Strong writing, editing and communications skills.
- Hands-on graphic design, visual communications and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and meet strict deadlines.
- General familiarity with the practices of an international design firm.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe InDesign required, as well as proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Photoshop skills.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio as a single PDF to Dawn Perkins at mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org with available start date. No Phone Calls Please.
SWA offers a competitive benefit package including health, dental, life, long-term disability, 401k, profit sharing, and performance based bonus. SWA is an equal opportunity employer.