The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
The Senior Proposal/Marketing Coordinator is a valuable team member within the Jacobs Sales team, driving pursuits and building relationships with our core clients. The Senior Proposal/Marketing Coordinator plays a key role by working with operations and sales staff to provide professional marketing services that result in the production of strategically focused, professional-looking documents such as proposals, presentations, and statements of qualification.
Our ideal candidate brings a background in the Buildings, Infrastructure, and/or Water/Wastewater sectors. S/he is an exceptional facilitator, communicator, and writer; recognizes the importance of diverse teams and excels in leading them; has a great sense of humor; and believes all problems are solvable. S/he is responsible for the following:
- Review and analyze RFQ/RFP requirements and coordinate with various team members to prepare compliant qualifications/proposals
- Coordinate and develop sales documents using applicable tools, guidelines, and templates.
- Develop and implement proposal directives and other opportunity response plans and monitor progress
- Organize and participate/lead response-related meetings as appropriate
- Identify and edit existing materials and/or write copy to effectively communicate Jacobs’ services, core capabilities and discriminators to develop responses. Research and gather information to include corporate information, past experience examples, proposed project team resumes and other standard materials. Capture any new language written for addition to the marketing content database
- Organize and oversee all technical written materials supplied by support groups – including organization of sections, tables, exhibits, and attachments. Monitor proposal for accurate content and consistency and compliance
- Edit qualifications/proposal content for readability, consistency, clarity and compliance with requirements
- Provide graphic design support and desktop publishing, and work with graphic designers to develop more complex materials
- Using the Creative Cloud Suite of products and Bluebeam, prepare draft proposals documentation and lead proposal review meetings
- Lead proposal review recovery efforts to finalize proposal and ensure an on-time quality submission
- Track and report status of all proposal elements to proposal team. Anticipates possible trouble areas and works with proposal teams to provide practical solutions to problems as they arise
- Oversee printing, packaging, and delivery of submittals
- Support special projects and complete other responsibilities associated with the position as may be appropriate, such as conference planning and preparation of brochures, development and updating of project descriptions, lists of awards, and resumes; attendance at trade shows, etc.
- Participate in in-house business development activities and meetings as appropriate
- Conduct appropriate internal/external research and respond to internal requests for information
- 5+ years of relevant experience within the AEC (Architectural, Engineering, and Construction) industry
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign, is highly preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, marketing, English, communication, technical writing, or other related field required
- Strong research and market analysis skills to facilitate development of optimal communications pieces preferred
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Must be organized, able to manage multiple, simultaneous projects, and work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Other: Work may be required after hours and on weekends, sometimes on short notice; flexibility and ability to travel preferred (typically within California)
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Primary Location: United States-Oakland, California
Travel: Yes, 0% – 25 % of the Time