Jacobs Buildings & Infrastructure line of business is a global network of employees that serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities in which we live by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. Our business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our clients’ local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our Irvine or Los Angeles office is seeking a Senior Marketing/Inside Sales Manager to drive disciplined application of our three-phase Relationship Based Sales (RBS) Process: (1) develop and advance client relationships prior to opportunity identification (Opening Game); (2) strategically position us for specific opportunities (Middle Game); and (3) develop high-quality, opportunity-specific response documents with competitive and compelling sales messages to satisfy client business goals (End Game).
The Senior Marketing/Inside Sales Manager supports the Buildings & Infrastructure division in California and is a valuable team member within Jacobs’ Sales Operations team, which drives strategic pursuits and helps build relationships with our core clients. The Senior Marketing/Inside Sales Manager develops and supports sales activities and leads RFP responses in the pursuit of Buildings & Infrastructure design and construction projects for public and private sector clients. The Senior Marketing/Inside Sales Manager works collaboratively with Operations and Sales Operations staff and Client Account Managers to provide professional sales and marketing services that result in the production of strategically focused, professional-looking qualifications documents such as proposals, presentations, and statements of qualification, as well as presentations, capability statements, and other materials.
Our ideal candidate brings a background in the Buildings, Infrastructure, and/or Water/Wastewater sectors. S/he is an exceptional facilitator, communicator, and writer; recognizes the importance of diverse teams and excels in leading them; has a great sense of humor; and believes all problems are solvable. General responsibilities include:
- Organize, direct, and motivate a multidiscipline pursuit team to develop strategic sales deliverables
- Support Client Account Managers and Operations leads in key “Opening Game” activities, e.g., client, competitor and market research, development of documented core client strategies, participation in 10:1 client mapping, and development of executive summaries and white papers
- Actively work with Client Account Managers and Operations staff to develop and implement “Middle Game” action plans, e.g., document due diligence in pursuit brief, develop win plan, facilitate competitor analyses, write executive summaries, conduct go/no go and strategy reviews, and identify project teams
- Translate win strategies into key themes and produce compelling sales documents utilizing benefit statements, graphics and proofs
- Work with Client Account Manager and Operations leadership to develop pursuit budget, gain approval, regularly monitor pursuit spending, and report any significant variances
- Work with Client Account Managers and Operations leaders to develop innovative solutions, or leverage corporate network to identify existing capabilities, that respond to client challenges and create distinctive competitive advantages
- Develop and maintain qualification materials including project descriptions, experience matrices/overviews, safety and quality statistics, capability statements, etc. Specifically work with Operations staff to capture and develop performance proofs and client testimonials
- Share sales materials, information, knowledge and best practices with other Sales Operations team members companywide
- Supervise, coach, and mentor a team of proposal coordinators and graphic artists and facilitate the team’s continued growth and development
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a business, marketing, communication, technical, or other related field is required
- Experience: 10-15 years of relevant experience within the A/E/C (Architectural, Engineering, and Construction) industry
- Project engineering and/or management experience a plus
- In-depth proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign, is highly preferred
- In-depth proficiency with MS Office Suite, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel preferred
- Language: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including writing and speaking succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect; effective in a variety of presentation settings (one-on-one, small and large groups with peers, direct reports, and managers)
- Strong research and market analysis skills to facilitate development of optimal communications pieces preferred
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Must be organized, able to manage multiple, simultaneous projects, and work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Other: Work may be required after hours and on weekends, sometimes on short notice; flexibility and ability to travel preferred (typically within California)
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets, and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our health and safety initiative of BeyondZero℠ workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.